Friday, May 11, 2018

How to Roast Garlic in the Instant Pot



I have had roasted garlic, at home at least, once ever. Probably about 10 years ago, my mom made a dinner of good-luck foods and yummy appetizer type dishes for New Years Eve. Among them, was roasted garlic. 

Put the kids to work making garlic butter!
I had no idea it was a thing, and it was so delicious! You could pop a clove right in your mouth, or easily spread its buttery soft goodness on a cracker.

I don't know why I never attempted to make it. I know it takes forever to cook, but there isn't any real work involved, just patience.

Well, for my husband's birthday, he was adamant about wanting to try cooking crab legs for the first time. 

Can't have crab legs without garlic butter! 

Over the last month or two, we've been making our own butter for a few reasons. It's healthier, we also end up with fresh buttermilk, and the kids really enjoy shaking the crap out of the butter maker.

So to make garlic butter, we had to add 4 smashed garlic cloves to the shaker. Which means, I had to figure out how to roast garlic! 

During my research I found the most amazing information-- I could do it in my Instant Pot! For a fraction of the time it would take to do in the oven.

That's my kind of project!

Instant Pot Roast Garlic
makes one head

Full Garlic Bulb
Olive Oil
1 cup of water

Carefully cut the top off the bulb of garlic, exposing the cloves.

Place bulb on trivet with a cup of water in the bottom.

Cook on High for 8 minutes (be sure to seal vent!).

Natural Pressure Release for about 5-7 minutes, manual releasing any steam left.

Remove bulb of garlic and place in a baking dish or cooking sheet. Drizzle olive oil generously.

Broil for 3-5 minutes to brown, and enjoy!

I plan to do this quite often now, and smash it into mashed potatoes, pasta, hummus, oh the uses!! 


9 comments:

  1. I love garlic bread and your roasted garlic looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roasted garlic - on anything!! Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner party - and Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roasted garlic looks delicious (and easy)! Thanks for sharing at The Blogger's Pit Stop! Roseann from This Autoimmune Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby used to make this for me! That was before we got married and he was trying to impress me! Lol 😂 I love how simple and easy this is. Perhaps I will surprise my hubby this weekend with a delicious bulb of garlic for toast and spaghetti! Mmmm that sounds good!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! I love garlic. I don't have an instant pot, but my daughter does. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore roasted garlic, and while I don't have an Instant Pot, I know plenty of people who will be so happy to find this recipe! Sharing! Thank you so much for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party. I hope you are having a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know! Thanks for sharing this tip on Friday Frenzy! Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck - Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my Instant pot and love all the wonderful ways to use it.This is a first. I'll have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are having a great week and thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete